Important Tips to Prepare Your Child for School
- The summer vacation is about to end.
- And schools are about to reopen for the new academic year.
- Children need to be prepared for going back to school.
- Here is a set of tips to secure a strong return to school.
Resetting the child’s bedtime and waking up schedule
- The child's internal clock must be reset for an earlier bedtime to help him wake up active.
- Earlier bedtime should not be portrayed as punishment for the child.
- Your child should get an adequate amount of sleep, where he/she usually needs about 9 hours of sleep.
- Two weeks before the first day of school, start accustoming your child to going to bed 20 minutes earlier.
- A child should wake up early, wash his / her face, brush his / her teeth and have breakfast.
How to address the child’s reluctance to go to school
- "I don't want to go to school"
- Tell the child this year will be different.
- Tell the child there are a set of fun things at school.
- Tell the child that teachers are always ready and willing to help him / her.
- Parents should understand the child's fears, discuss them quietly, and ultimately dispel them all.
- Parents should communicate with teachers before back to school.
- The child should be given a place appropriate for his needs in classroom’s seating chart.
The child's internal clock must be reset for an earlier bedtime to help him / her wake up active. Two weeks before the first day of school, start accustoming your child to going to bed 20 minutes earlier.