VideoGraph: How to make my child love prayers
Age Group (3-5)
- Encouraging children to imitate worshippers.
- Taking the child to the Mosque to let him see worshipers and stand beside them.
- Father lets his children listen to his recitation of Quran in loud prayers.
- Linking training on prayers with fun.
- Teaching children Surat Al-Fatihah and some short verses.
Age Group (5-7)
- Providing immediate rewards after performing prayers.
- Watching educational video clips on ablution and prayers.
- Encouraging children and avoiding giving commands.
- Ensuring that the child can clean up and perform ablution.
- Instilling love of Allah in the child and telling him about paradise.
- Accompanying parents during prayers as much as possible.
Age Group (7-10)
- Starting awareness of external world details and formation of conscience.
- Instilling love of prayers in children and avoiding giving commands.
- Stating the merits of prayers and its positive effects.
- Reminding the child of prayers and urging him to perform the prayers he missed.
- Letting the child join his friends in prayers.
- Practical training of ablution and prayers.
Age Group (10-12)
- Following the child in managing his behavior and taking responsibility.
- Remaining close to the child is very important at this stage.
- Explaining many Quran verses and Prophet’s Hadith about prayers.
- Accompanying the father as much as possible for performing prayers in Mosque.
- Non-complacency in reminding the child of the prayers.
- Instilling the importance of performing prayers in time.